[EMAIL PROTECTED] uttered:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Ken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Recompiled with:
gcc -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE -I. -I../src
                        ^^^

Should be -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1

The =1 is important in this case.

This problem will likely come up again.  To try and work
around it, I have added a new (experimental) API to the
latest version in CVS.  Call

   sqlite3_threadsafe()

To get back a boolean to indicate whether or not your
build is threadsafe.

May I suggest adding a call to this routine at the
beginning of sqlitetest_thrd35.c and printing and error
message and aborting if the library is not threadsafe?

Is it not worth simply making the library threadsafe by default? There is basically no platform supported today that doesn't have some form of thread abstraction, the overhead of mutex locking is probably negligible, and if someone wants an absolutely no holds barred fastest single threaded implementation, then they can provide their own platform abstraction with no-op mutexes.

Christian

--
    /"\
    / \