"L. S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The page never loads. I get the message, "The page download could not
> be completed. Please try again later."
>
> Here is the User-Agent header string:
> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052;
> Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320

The webserver on www.sqlite.org specifically excludes clients
claiming to be "Windows 98".  We were getting a lot of abuse
coming out of China - people would download thousands of copies
of tarballs and use up gigabytes of bandwidth.  Since excluding
Windows98 clients, we have not had any of the abuse problems.
We were not able to detect any change in the number of daily
visitors when we implemented the no-win98 policy, from
which we concluded that most people had upgraded to at least
win2k by the we instituted the change.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>