On 21 Nov 2010, at 10:10am, Lynton Grice wrote:

> in my "queue implementation" I add in a:
>
> sqlite3_sleep(1);
>
> Essentially I wanted to sleep for "1 millisecond" between sends to the queue
> (in the send function itself), so that if the sender is sending too fast it
> allows receivers to get messages
>
> On Debian it sleeps for 1 millisecond, BUT on the Solaris VM it sleeps for 1
> second!!! Not one millisecond......why???

See

<http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/sleep.html>

Apparently the Solaris implementation of xSleep() is weird.  Just out of
interest, do

int theReturn = sqlite3_sleep(1);

(or some equivalent) on both platforms and look at the values you get returned.
 Do you get 1 on one platform and 1000 on the other ?

Simon.