Thanks for the reply Pris;

I have already tried a number of sqlite browsers without success. Using them
I can export the tables but when I open the resulting html or csv they
interpret the hex of the time stamps and jpegs as ascii which chucks out
jiberish.

 I was wondering if there's a sql query i could run on the whole database
which would look at the value in the type field and then handle the data
field as either ascii or an image?