On 17 Nov 2011, at 2:26pm, si666 wrote:

> I was wondering if there's a sql query i could run on the whole database
> which would look at the value in the type field and then handle the data
> field as either ascii or an image?

There is no way to handle an image in SQL.  The language handles only text,
numbers and BLOBs.  Any idea of storing an image in a SQL database is faked by
a programmer who probably encoded the image as a BLOB.  Getting the image back
out again is a task for that programmer, or someone who understood how that
programmer encoded the image in the first place.

Simon.