On 11/28/2011 3:59 PM, Igor Tandetnik wrote:
On 11/28/2011 4:52 PM, Dave wrote:
I am trying to learn VB.Net and SQLite at the same time. I have used VB6
Classic in the past. I have VB Studio 2010 Pro and am just trying to
open a small simple database and have made some progress but hit a
problem I cannot figure out after plenty of trying. I keep getting the
error message:

SQLite Error
no such table: MyTableName

I have the database in the project folder on my Win7 64 Pro system. The
app, when run, creates an empty database file of the same name as my
database file which is 13KB in size.

What do you mean, of the same name? It's impossible to have two files with the exact same name in the same folder. The two names must be different in some way. Figure out what this difference is, then it probably will become clear why it happens.

I just looked again and renamed my original database file back to add the .db3 to it and it remains in the same folder as the other file with one exception. The properties for my database shows:
type: Data Base File

Where the one generated at 0K with the same name is:
type: DB3 File

Thanks,
Dave