I'll note a few things here...

#1 If you want to learn about "database design" or "how to code in language X"
get a book on those and not on a particular product (you may want the product
book too if you need it but those tend to be less helpful).

#2 Your first language will be hard to get "out of".  I've done over 60
languages now and C# is one of only a few that I was impressed with and worth
the trouble to learn.  Ada was the other one (but for completely different
reasons).  I still prefer C though C++ can be more helpful at times (advanced
data structures).

#3 This list is probably one of the best learning things you can do that
doesn't take "study time".  When somebody poses a problem try to solve it
yourself without seeing the "answer" that inevitably comes up here.  One of the
better ways of learning is doing.

Michael D. Black

Senior Scientist

Advanced Analytics Directorate

Advanced GEOINT Solutions Operating Unit

Northrop Grumman Information Systems