On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Dennis Volodomanov <i...@psunrise.com> wrote:
> On 21/06/2012 11:23 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:
>>
>> Looks like your data is a string:  ' 0'  -  that is a space followed by
>> ascii '0'.  That is different from a numeric 0, so the second query should
>> return zero rows.  What does this show:
>>
>>    SELECT typeof(ColA), quote(ColA) FROM CriticaltemsToProcess;
>>

> Pavel, Richard - thank you for replying.
>
> The data I've provided is just how I typed it, so it's actually written into
> the DB using sqlite3_bind_int64(). The SQL above returns "integer, 64".
> Please note, I'm not using the SQLite shell to execute it, so I'm again
> interpreting the results. I can try the shell as well, if that makes sense.
> I'm using SQLiteStudio v2.0.26 for this testing.

You apparently executed above query on different dataset than you
initially posted. 64 is not something quote(ColA) can return when
column contains integer value 1 (and I guess Richard meant you should
execute that query for ColC, not ColA). So please recheck and report
the exact steps to reproduce the problem - show us all statements:
CREATE TABLE, INSERT, SELECTs. If you are reproducing it on existing
data and can't reproduce it on newly created one then show us a series
of SELECTs with their results showing the contradiction. Try to copy
exactly what SQLiteStudio returns or better yet to use sqlite3 command
line utility and copy data it outputs to terminal.

Pavel