On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM, C M <cmpyt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have a Python application that uses SQLite, and I randomly get this
> > error:
> >
> > "SQL logic error or missing database"
> >
> > I have no idea how to figure out what's wrong,
> >

> A good starting place might be to tell us what the program is doing when
> the error comes back.

I'm not 100% sure, because there are several SQLite calls that it could be
tripping up on at that part of the program's use.  But all of them are
basic SQL, and at the point in the code where I see the error, it is either
SELECT or INSERT INTO statements.  (If it becomes necessary, I can try to
put in a way to know right where it happens, though I'm not sure how to do
that...see my response to Simon Slavin).

Importantly, the exact same part of the code will work on one occasion, and
on another occasion with the same "state" of the application, will not
work.  That is, I can run my application, try something basic from a fresh
start, this error will occur, close the application, try the same exact
thing again, and that time it will work fine.  It occurs rather
infrequently, but the point is I want to make sure it never occurs.

The only thing I've noticed is that *maybe* it is more likely to happen
when my laptop's RAM is pretty filled up with other processes (such as when
Firefox runs high RAM and lots of other applications are open).  Could that
put us on the trail of what could be going wrong?

Thanks!
Che