On 1 Sep 2013, at 10:34pm, C M <cmpyt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you know how I can do that with Python?  For example, I tried this:
>
> status = cursor.execute("some SQL statement here")
> print "The status is: ", status
>
> But it prints the cursor object:
>
>> The status is <sqlite3.Cursor object at 0x034313B0>

Does the cursor object have properties ?  Can you either look through them in a
debugger or find documentation somewhere that tells you if one of them is
something like 'last error' ?

There should be a way to do it: the ability to read the code returned by API
calls is essential to using SQLite properly.

With regard to your other posts about this problem, my guess is that you have
some underlying error causing this that isn't part of SQLite.  The expected
cause of this error is if someone deletes your database file (or a journal)
while you have the database open.  There are other errors which can make the
file handle invalid.  But I suspect that just as you wrote about your RAM, you
actually have a hardware or OS problem which is the real culprit.

Simon.