Dont want to get my hopes up, but it may have worked this time!

C'mon, cheer up! Enjoy the music :-).

I was able to reproduce the hanging resizing process with your image. Most likely it's some kind of div by zero or other case: the image is 1024x1 px and should be downsized to 64x64. Thanks! I'll look into adding some sanity check while hoping to get a fix in the resizing code at some point (it's not our own code, but hidden in some library).

I dont want to get bogged down in that too much. I think i will just use
the new LMS 7.9.0 for a while and see how it works out for me. If there
are no serious issues, I will then upgrade my Macbook Air to the same
version.

As Mnyb mentioned most likely the result of different multi-disc or compilation handling.

--

Michael