Understand. I think it's a good start to not have a cache partition that
permanently gets written to.
Long term the recommendation still probably should be to not do too many
rescans, I think you can't to avoid having artwork caches written to
disk because they can easily grow to GBs and are permanently written to,
maybe it would be good to be able to move hers things to external
storage somehow if the music is not also stored on the SD.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*