wildgoose wrote:
> Thanks everyone! Lots of good suggestions! I haven't fiddled much with
> my setup. Looks like there are new things I know little about. :)
>
> I have a pi2 that's running rasPLEX client. Works fairly well for
> playing movies. But it doesn't support h265 codec and no dts-ma
> passthrough, so I am thinking of upgrading that to something like odroid
> c2. If I do, then I have a spare pi2 that I can use for squeezebox
> server.
>

> So, Max2Play is an OS for Pi that allows web control? and I can install
> Squeezebox server on top of it. I assume I can mount my NAS share where
> the music is. Tried to use the demo but doesn't work behind company
> firewall.. will have to try it at home.
>

> piCorePlayer is easier to understand for me. I thought I saw some
> reference about being able to run LMS on piCorePlayer, but wasn't sure.
> Thanks for confirming.
>
> My music collection is not that big, and everything, including my 2 SB
> player, is hard wired. So hopefully performance will be reasonable. A
> few years ago I tried SB Server on ReadyNas Duo, it was dog slow compare
> to my i7, so I stopped using it for that purpose.
>
> Regarding possible SD corruption for running these services, is there a
> way I can redirect some of those log/db locations to the NAS?

You have a NAS!
Run LMS on Pi2 - either picoreplayer or max2play - but point it at your
NAS for storage. This is easy to do with either distro and if both the
Pi & NAS are wired then it will work brilliantly.

*Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS* iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 ->
Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
*Office* - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755
-> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 ->
Wharfedale Modus Cubes