Mr Underhill wrote:
> I just did install LAME, to discover your point - allows MP3, something
> in which I have no interest!
Not "allow"s but supports encoding into MP3 for user who need minimum
bitrate for remote players or which to play via a browser.

I know nothing about Qobuz.

In your log the message says

> [17-02-13 11:25:11.4105]
> Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::getConvertCommand2 (361) Rejecting
> [flac] -dcs $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t wav - -b 24
> -r 96k because no available stream mode supported: I,R

You have indicated in the convert file that input is from a file ("# F")
but Qobuz seems to be a streaming service or remote which is usually a
type "R" but I think it is doing something special as it is a subcriber
service.
I suspect you'll have to look deeper into the plugin to get the
conversion you want.  How about posting on Qobuz thread and get
developers opinion ?