bpa wrote:
> OP says "In my system I find that PCM sounds better than flac.".
>
> What do you mean by remote tracks ?  I can set up http/AAC strreams not
> use Flac i.e. sent as PCM/WAv (not sure which)
>
> Usual problem about PCM is no header so that non 44khz/16 have a
> problem.  IIRC I think user marcoc has a special fix for squeelite
> players to play PCM at non CD rates.

Yep, that fix originated in  squeezelite-R2 (a minilalist version, see
here: https://github.com/marcoc1712/squeezelite-R2) to be used with
C-3PO (a plugin aimed first to replace the usage of file type and
custom-convert.conf, but soon turned to be a 'transcoding central',
adding more capabilities, last on the fly DSD conversion that is non in
test stage, see here: https://github.com/marcoc1712/C-3PO)

That fix is now included in the 'community' version of squeezelite,
maintained by Ralphy, using option -W and in Daphile (no option).