pippin wrote:
>  I mean... FLAC is such a low-impact codec that you have to do a lot
> wrong in your system or software design to make it have any impact on
> sound.

That's an old story...
We could discuss it once again or admit that someone is feeling better
with wav, as I do with all of my players (classic, duet, SB+ and
squeezelite on various hw and OS) and that's why I wrote squeezelite-R2
and C-3PO.

Flac is indeed very good for storing and tagging, so a convenient
solution is to store flac, convert it on the fly server side and stream
pcm to clients. Cost is 50% more of bandwidht, but nowaday, sure, is not
a big deal even with wifi connected players.