PasTim wrote:
> My understanding is that without C3PO LMS uses a strict set of rules,
> always preferring the same codec if possible.  It always did that in the
> past for me.  I've never wanted to go from lossless to lossy!
>
> I don't know how to disable FLAC to MP3 for a specific player in FILE
> TYPES. There are multiple entries but how to tell which is for which
> player?
>
> From what you say C3PO is somehow overriding convert.conf for every
> single player, even when disabled.  Can I check somehow that all the
> rules are still available to LMS?
>
> I use the standard convert.conf - attached.

C-3PO does not override the logic LMS uses to select the rules to be
applied, just trasform the generic rules to player specific ones. In
this case the problem is that for LMS

flc - flc - transcode - *

comes before than:

flc - mp3 - * - *

BUT

flc - flc - transcode - your mac

seems to comes after:

flc - mp3 - * - your mac

I'll have a deeper check in the code to see if I could do something
about this very specific case (transcoding), but I can't think to
another way to handle a mix of players where only some are handled by
C-3PO.

I know in LMS is not easy to handle player specific rules, first because
you miss the player information in File Types Screen, then because rules
comes from different places and last becouse the 'exceptions' like
transcoder, that the reason why I added the "File Type Transcoding
table" screen in C-3PO, where you could see all the active rules per
player, but it does not display the 'transcoder' one (it display rules
only where mac is the same or model is the same), hope it helps.