digimaster wrote:
> The prefs and Cache in the Multimedia directory, should a backup of a
> other installation. The proper place for LMS, should be, in the
> SlimServer directory.
>
> Send from my mobile Phone

Hi digimaster,

yes I understand that these are the backups of the old installation
which were created in step 1. But I guess that is where these backups
are supposed to be in order to get copied into the new installation in
step 2, right? But as it seems this does not work.
I took a look into these folders and none of them is empty; they are
filled with files and subfolders so that I guess they should be clean
copies of the old prefs and Cache folders of the old installation. Still
it somehow doesn't work to get them transferred in step 2 into the new
installation.

Do you have an idea what else I could try? In worst case I would have to
set up LMS manually again.

Best regards
Stefan