steklo wrote:
> Hi digimaster,
>
> yes I understand that these are the backups of the old installation
> which were created in step 1. But I guess that is where these backups
> are supposed to be in order to get copied into the new installation in
> step 2, right? But as it seems this does not work.
> I took a look into these folders and none of them is empty; they are
> filled with files and subfolders so that I guess they should be clean
> copies of the old prefs and Cache folders of the old installation. Still
> it somehow doesn't work to get them transferred in step 2 into the new
> installation.
>
> Do you have an idea what else I could try? In worst case I would have to
> set up LMS manually again.
>
> Best regards
> StefanYou should follow the steps from this post.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=926206

Then you will have the old setting in you're new LMS installation.
Before doing so, would suggest to do [ rm -R SlimServer/] in the
.qpkg/LogitehMediaServer directory. Then do [./QLogitechMediaServer.sh
start], wait until it's says that is running. Now do
[./QLogitechMediaServer.sh stop]. And now follow the instructions to
copy back the settings. And look closely on the options. Then it should
work.

Send from my mobile Phone

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly  ( with spotty,
youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.*