Roland0 wrote:
> - If you are concerned about the durability of your SD card / USB stick,
> you might want to use the 'F2FS' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2FS)
> file system, which has been designed to extend the lifetime of flash
> devices. As a bonus, 'performance should increase'
> (https://blog.acolyer.org/2015/02/26/f2fs-a-new-file-system-for-flash-storage/).
> From the article:
>
> which is highly relevant, as  LMS uses SQLite.
>
> - If you put the OS or application data (e.g. cache) on a SD card, make
> sure to use a 'A1 certified'
> (https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/application/index.html) one
> (e.g. SanDisk Extreme R100), this will improve performance considerably.

I read a bit about the F2FS file system, but it sounded a bit
proprietary, and not widely used.  I'll do a little more reading....

As for the SD card, my understanding is that post boot, the OS is 100%
in ram, and the card isn't used for anything (provided the cache is with
the data).  That implies no performance boost beyond boot time....

Cheers, Dave

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight