Thats strange, as QLogitechMediaServer never chance/delete's or alters
anything on LMS it self.
On a update of LMS, the tar content is unpacked in the SlimServer.
Where any file which exist in the SlimServer/, will be overwritten if
its also exist in the tar file.
The Cache and prefs directory, are directory which are uses for settings
and plugin files.
And they don't exist in the tar.

spile wrote:
> I have updated  QLogitechMediaServer and this installed fine on my TS
> 251+.
> The app shows 2.03.10.
> Despite everything looking fine in the Qnap console the LMS was not
> running. I rebooted the NAS but still no joy.
> I then tried stopping and starting the package and finally it kicked
> back into life!
> Sadly it reset all my settings including losing my YouTube API.

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly  ( with spotty,
youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.*