Hi, after years of squeezeboxes running stably over a mixed wired,
homeplug wired network I've started to get really bad stutters in
playback. Basically it will run fine for several tracks, and then go
into stutter mode. Sometimes it sorts itself out - other times we have
to clear the playlist and start again.

This is the setup I currently have

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1555406898 @ Tue Apr 16 11:38:09
WEDT 2019
Hostname: Mikle
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 8664
Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Audio::Scan: 0.95
IO::Socket::SSL: 2.024
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
Total Players Recognized: 9

Library Statistics
Total Tracks: 51,897
Total Albums: 6,205
Total Artists: 3,738
Total Genres: 30
Total Playing Time: 3933:09

Oddly swapping the machine the server ran on 'fixed' the issue, however
the exact same problem returned after roughly one week.

Thus far I have factory reset and discarded a couple of potentially
faulty home plugs - problem still persists.
Swapped to wireless - again, seems to work for a while and then falls
into stuttering.

The only error message I can see that relates to this (I think) is this
one:

[19-04-25 16:35:55.0021]
Slim::Networking::Discovery::Players::_players_error (146) Unable to get
players: Error reading headers: Server closed connection without sending
any data back at /Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 306.
        ...propagated at /Net/HTTP/NB.pm line 32.

Does anyone know what this is, and if it is relevant how I can hunt down
the cause and put it to the sword?

Cheers

Tim