I tried some things this afternoon.

First I took a look at my music folder via Cyberduck (an SFTP client
available for Mac):

27972

I realized that for most albums the owner was set to 999, but for some -
all of them among the newly added albums I was missing, but still not
all of them - were set to owner 1000.

digimaster had writen some days ago:

"No need to set those file to user squeezeboxserver, but make sure they
are rwxr-xr-x as file rights so LMS can access them !"

and

"Regarding you're issue, already wrote did a test. But can not reproduce
it here. The only thing you wrote, setting the music files to
squeezeboxserver as user, is something I don't have. My music collection
is set to a normal user, but with 0755 as rights.

Strangely enough I read that more user are setting it like you.
Something which i would never suggest to do.

I for myself once in a while do chmod -R 0755 (music path). To make sure
everything is set correctly."

Other than digimasters reciommendation permissions in my library were
obvously different: rwxrwx--- (770)

As I could not find a way to change this with Cybersduck I tried a
terminal ssh session. Unfortunately I was not able to get into my music
folder, the command line

[cd /share/*/Multimedia/Musik Stefan/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music] or [cd
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Musik Stefan/iTunes/iTunes
Media/Music]

resulted in

<ATA/Multimedia/Musik Stefan/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music

-sh: cd: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Musik: No such file or
directory

I couldn't figure out what was wrong; the path is definitively correct.
If anyone could teach me what was wrong?

So I went to the control panel of my NAS and once again looked into the
permissions of the Multimedia folder. I found oplocks was active for it
and I turned that off. And as digimaster suggested I set the owner of
Multimedia folder to a normal user , myself in that case, with read &
write permissions, squeezeboxserver still only read permissions.

After that I did a rescan which resulted in a completely empty LMS
library!

Then I went back to QNAP control panel and only changed the owner of the
Multimedia folder from myself to squeezeboxserver. Rescan took more than
45 minutes and now everything is back in its place!

A look through Cyberdock shows that now the owner is 999 for everythging
and the permissions are still set to rwxrwx--- (770)

I don't know exactly what the reason is for this behaviour, but now it
works. Maybe some or all files that I copy from my Mac onto he NAS come
with owner 1000 and so they can't be scanned by LMS? Can it be that
upgrading from MacOSX 10.9 Mavericks to 10.11 El Capitan can cause this?
I never had this problem earlier.

|Filename: Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-18 um 15.44.49.jpg                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27972|