steklo wrote:
> Some of the newly added tracks had owner 999 (squeezeboxserver), some
> owner 1000 (me) – none of them appeared in LMS. All of those tracks that
> had been added successfully before had owner 999.

If you copied all the files from the same computer and with the same
user account to your NAS share, they all should have the same owner and
set of permissions.

steklo wrote:
> It took me 30 seconds after I read this, so you're smarter than me ;-)

Maybe I just type faster.

steklo wrote:
> I was a bit multi-tasking on Sunday afternoon and didn't even think of a
> google search... Thanks for the hint that should make things much
> easier! Additionally I could try to make WinSCP work on my Mac with the
> help of WineBottler.

Or just use Cyberduck as it's basically the same.

steklo wrote:

> At least things have clarified so far that now I know it was a
> permission related problem. Your guide helps to sort things out for the
> future, thank you so much! The link to your settings is quite helpful
> too! I've got to figure out if these settings or digimasters suggestion
> "normal user with 0755 as rights" work better for me. Many thanks to
> digimaster as well!

If the files you copy from your computer to your NAS share have the
permissions 0755 and you are the owner, use that. If they get 0750, try
my approach.

QLMS 7.9.2@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D /
QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4