dolodobendan wrote:
> Are the files with 999 as the owner treated differently than the ones
> with 1000? Anyway, the file owner should not differ.

Some of the newly added tracks had owner 999 (squeezeboxserver), some
owner 1000 (me) – none of them appeared in LMS. All of those tracks that
had been added successfully before had owner 999.

dolodobendan wrote:
> As I never get a long path right, I use auto complete or copy and paste.

I copied and pasted that path too, Cyberdock actually connected with
that very same path pasted in...

dolodobendan wrote:
> I use WinSCP, but it took me under ten seconds to google "cyberduck
> change permissions".

It took me 30 seconds after I read this, so you're smarter than me ;-) I
was a bit multi-tasking on Sunday afternoon and didn't even think of a
google search... Thanks for the hint that should make things much
easier! Additionally I could try to make WinSCP work on my Mac with the
help of WineBottler.

dolodobendan wrote:

> >   >
  - Copy a music file to the NAS and look what permissions it has and
  > who the owner is.
  - Compare permissions and user with files that are found in LMS.
  - Do a rescan, is the new file found?
  - If not, what permissions & owner have the files that are found?
  > Use these permissions and owner for all files.
  - Make sure newly copied files have the right permissions and owner
  > from the start to avoid these problems.

At least things have clarified so far that now I know it was a
permission related problem. Your guide helps to sort things out for the
future, thank you so much! The link to your settings is quite helpful
too! I've got to figure out if these settings or digimasters suggestion
"normal user with 0755 as rights" work better for me. Many thanks to
digimaster as well!