bpa wrote:
> It seems the 3rd party support application flac.exe uses Windows locale
> when parsing the time in the skip parameter
>
> The fractional part (i.e. .06) of the time value of "--skip=29:04.06"
> may be valid for some locales but not for others.
>
> However according to this bug report
> https://sourceforge.net/p/flac/bugs/321/ - fractional parts (after a
> period or a comma) are silently ignored.

Not on my linux box.  I have just tested the current LMS distributed
-flac- (flac 1.3.2), and it as exactly as @reinholdk describes. -flac-
fails to produce output if there is a mismatch between the LANG
environment variable and the time format used. I would never have
thought of that. I tried this from the command line.

Furthermore, -Slim::Utils:: DateTime:: fracSecToMinSec- produces the
decimal as a 'full stop' and not a 'comma', without reference to the
system language. And, unless I have missed something, which is quite
possible, it is -Slim::Utils:: DateTime:: fracSecToMinSec- that is
generating the 'from' and 'to' play points.

I remain perplexed, because I would have thought this would have been
spotted by now. So I shall try again in a more controlled and pedantic
manner, through LMS.