slartibartfast wrote:
> Just tried updating and apparently I am up to date on the Pi.

I would interpret this as your IO:Socket:SSL is up to date with your OS
version/libSSL but then I guess it means lots of other users are OK with
2.044.

However, as your system seems to lock up and it doesn't happen to many
others - we have to look for the "edge" conditions and "What is
different about your system".

I see likely cause of the long hangup either being a plugin getting
stuck in a loop and not releasing back to the AnyEvent scheduler - or a
network related issue which is locking the system.