Unfortunately I have no remedy. But a "me too"..

maybe more/different details will help.

Been using squeezeboxes since about 15 years, and have gone through some
servers.

My current Linux-based server is broken, so I am temporarily using my
work-computer, which runs Windows 10.

2 days ago I could not get songs to play any more.. they can be queued,
and started fine, but they instantly jump to 2:44 where the players
(classic) get stuck, while iPeng happily increments position from there.
No sound, no errors regarding this in the logs. Happens with local files
or with soundcloud, with the same behaviour.

This probably is caused by windows 10. I