Why that soon? There've been times when I've been two or three software
versions behind, sometimes because of hardware (an unsupported iMac that
still functioned perfectly), other times because of software. Once
security updates are no longer provided, it's probably wise to run some
sort of anti-virus, but every time a new MacOS comes out I always ask
"Is there any new feature here I actually need?"

Currently I'm still on 10.13 because I didn't seen anything particularly
compelling for me in 10.14; I've got copies of the Mojave and Catalina
installers stored locally here, but right now everything I use my Mac
for continues to work, so I don't see much of a reason to upgrade other
just because it's more convenient for Apple.