mherger wrote:
> > Unless last night's rescan put the genre count over some limit, it's
> > red herring. Yes, the tags aren't optimal. My concern has only to do
> > with what changed since yesterday. Whatever the genre count was
> > yesterday, it presented no problems.
>
> I think you mentioned DSTM at some point. There's an option to have DSTM
>
> play random tracks based on the currently playing tracks. This would
> indeed trigger Random Play with a sub-set of genres. I thought I did
> this without changing the active selection. But tbh. I'm not sure any
> more. It certainly did change it at some point... So this could
> potentially have caused the change in selection.
>
> If everything fails (and I'm not going to try to fix the "reset 3k
> genres in random play
> selection" issue :-)...) you could shut down LMS and delete
> prefs/plugin/randomplay.prefs
> from LMS' Prefs folder (see Settings/Information).
>
> --
>
> Michael

Thanks, Michael. I'm not sure how this sorted itself out, but it did. If
there is a recurrence of this issue, I'lltry deleting that prefs file.

The mention of DSTM was that in DSTM there are two, similar-looking
options; "Random songs" and "Song mix". While Random Songs was broken,
"Song Mix" in DSTM worked to properly (apparently) use tracks from all
genres. So I could trigger a true random mix by choosing that DSTM
option, selecting a track to play manually, and then let DSTM take over.
If I chose the "Random songs" option in DSTM, it would play only tracks
from the small subset of the library.

I would be interested to understand the distinction between the two DSTM
options...but it's an academic interest, not a practical one.