Maybe I am thinking too simply, but to me it's quite clear now:

We have to check the section where LMS reads a first portion of the
stream in order to get info about bitrate, codec and so on. The
conditions to close that http connection by calling
Slim::Networking::Async::disconnect have to be reviewed. At latest when
the same player wants to stream or play something else, the connection
has to be closed.

I can try to do it when I am at home after tomorrow, but I have never
seen a single line of code of LMS and after today, I cannot test it
under these special circumstances.