schup011 wrote:
> Maybe I am thinking too simply, but to me it's quite clear now:
>
> We have to check the section where LMS reads a first portion of the
> stream in order to get info about bitrate, codec and so on. The
> conditions to close that http connection by calling
> Slim::Networking::Async::disconnect have to be reviewed. At latest when
> the same player wants to stream or play something else, the connection
> has to be closed. Or, in other words, LMS has to make sure that it does
> not keep multiple HTTP connections "serving" one player.
>
> Do you agree?
>
> I can try to do it when I am at home after tomorrow, but I have never
> really seen a single line of code of LMS and after today, I cannot test
> it under these special circumstances.

I’ve updated that section of LMS heavily recently. I will read this
thread but LMS does close any connection used for scanning. For most
formats, scanning has to be done before streaming starts. Only mostly in
mp3 is there streaming in parallel with scanning (and in HTTP only? Not
in HTTPS).
But can you do a summary of what makes you think that a change is
needed?

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3