d6jg wrote:
> That said if you connect to an AVR using optical or HDMI you can set the
> AVR to output 2:1 or indeed all channel stereo plus sub. The AVR does
> the trickery

I already have a Behringer Ultradrive Pro DCX2496 digital crossover, but
I wanted to replace it with something cleaner sounding (less distortion
and noise).  I don't think the Behringer is noisier than the affordable
AVRs, going by the measurements at ASR.  The cheaper miniDSP stuff does
not measure well, either (poor digital implementation).

I'll keep an eye on the measurements at ASR and hope Amir turns up a
good, inexpensive AVR.  However, I also wanted to try more ambitious
crossover experiments than just bass management.  And it's sad that if I
actually wanted to use an AVR for what it was designed for, multichannel
audio, I'd have to abandon LMS + squeezelite.