gvh wrote:
> Here's a view:
> Ultimately everything has a life span.
> This ecosystem has been on life support for years and dependent on a few
> amazing people and some commitment from Logitech. It can't last and
> maybe we need a strategy to retreat to the linux platforms?
>
> As I discovered earlier this year the Pi-based solutions are really easy
> and really satisfying. If we embarked on a coordinated plan of education
> it would really lower the barriers to entry for a whole new group of
> less technical people

I think more effort would be spent trying to move user to Linux from
Windows than making a Strawberry Perl alternative and probably lose many
of the Windows users as well - reducing the community. Many of these
users just know enough how to use Windows, some still use XP - they'll
baulk at Linux as well as buying/setting up a new box and probably move
to Google/Amazon/Sonos instead.  I've dealt with legacy system as well
but community size is vital.