bpa wrote:
> I think more effort would be spent trying to move user to Linux from
> Windows than making a Strawberry Perl alternative and probably lose many
> of the Windows users as well - reducing the community. Many of these
> users just know enough how to use Windows, some still use XP - they'll
> baulk at Linux as well as buying/setting up a new box and probably move
> to Google/Amazon/Sonos instead.  I've dealt with legacy system as well
> but community size is vital.When I first started using LMS it was from a
> Windows PC, a desktop at
the time. Not wanting to leave the PC on 24/7 I used Wake on Lan and a
plugin to hibernate the PC when it wasn't being used. It got so annoying
waiting for the PC to become available every time I wanted to play music
I was only too happy to try a Squeezeplug on a Dockstar so I could leave
it on continuously. From there via an Odroid I ended up with a Pi and
find it so much more convenient than Windows ever was. Max2Play and
piCorePlayer make the jump to Linux relatively painless.
Of course lots of users only use MySqueezebox.com and they might be the
ones that give up as more and more radio stations disappear from the
service.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk