So far every attempt to build IO::Socket::SSL v2.068 against an OpenSSL
1.0.2u and 1.1.1g win32 I've built using visual studio 2010sp1 results
in prototype mismatch errors for the randomize calls.
However, I have been able to build IO::Socket::SSL v2.068 against the
last updated Net:SSLeay v1.74 provided from activestate.
Unfortunately, the openssl version used by activestate doesn't include
TLSv1.3 support.
The IO::Socket::SSL v2.068 with the latest Mozilla-CA 20200520 root
certificate pem perl module fixes the extension downloader error I've
been getting.
Should we at least update Mozilla-CA and IO::Socket::SSL for now?

Ok, you're saying that you haven't succeeded updating the underlying OpenSSL, but other aspects of IO::Socket::SSL (and dependencies). Which improves some issues, like outdated CAs, but doesn't give us the latest TLSv1.3?

TBH: I'm willing to give _anything_ a try which improves the situation on Windows, and which might buy us another year or two... LMS8 still is experimental - we could give it a try? I could even set up a separate branch for the adventurous, or to roll back quickly if needed?

Could you please share the files with me some way? I'll hopefully find some time to test this...

https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a

Thank you VERY much for your effort!

--

Michael