I am on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 and use Logitech Media Server Version:
7.9.3 - 1597753178.
I had the same issue as described by many users since on latest Catalina
release: library (which is located on external USB drive) looks empty,
scanning shows 0 files.

I gave full disk access to perl, bash, sh and smbd as described in quote
below.
After that, I restart LMS and I can scan my library and read files, all
good.

The problem is that after rebooting the mac, LMS seems to lose full disk
access again: impossible to read files...
In the security pane, the full disk access seems to be still there...
I have to delete perl,bash, sh and smbd full disk access there and put
it back, then it works... until next reboot.

Any ideas?

Thanks