> Save yourself the hassle of trying to
> update the NAS.

It's too late, Mike.. )))
I've installed SSH addon to Netgear and now Upgrading a legacy ReadyNAS
from RAIDiator 4.2.x to 6.2.x.
Hopefully this will fix "IO::Socket::SSL" problem. If not - here's the
solution:

Code:
--------------------
    I ssh'd to my box and tried:

  $ apt-get update
  $ apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl

  But apt-get could not connect to the proper repositories to grab the required
files.

  I checked /etc/apt/sources.list and found this:

  $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
  http://www.readynas.com/packages 4.2.31/
  #deb http://archive.debian.org/debian etch

  After removing the leading '#' in the 2nd line (comment) I retried the above
two commands, this time IO::Socket::SSL installed OK. Spotty is now running on
my NAS :-)

Thanks for your help and all you're doing to keep LMS alive!