OK - I checked and LMS is handling the Tidal multi disc sets as
individual albums so that is great! However, my original problem with
the naming of the Moody Blues album persists. It is the only case I have
where I have replaced an earlier Tidal version with a version from my
local library.

Ah, you're more concerned about the "disc 1 of 2"? That's a LMS feature, and should be the same no matter whether it's an online album or local. You won't find that in the tags.

Can you double check the metadata in those files? LMS' logic behind this feature is quite... complex :-). Eg. if "Disc" was part of the title already, it wouldn't add the disc number. Or if the disc number was not defined for eg. disc 1. etc.

--

Michael