CameronD wrote:
> Thanks for putting the time into this.
With a SB1, it is a paper exercise but an interesing problem to solve.

> It is through a managed switch, as it has been for a long time.
In which case the full effects of half duplex / 10mb to the server NIC,
are really "seen" by the SB1.
Since it is a managed switch - can you set the port to the SB1 to half
duplex / 10 Mbit ? However I don't see that as main issue since it used
to work before.

When you said you added a delay - how was that done ?  using sleep ?
Since LMS is single threaded using AnyEvent, I'm not sure whether sleep
might have side effects.

> The packet -is correct -- the hostname is "files" - not very
> imaginative, but it was at one time the file-server.
>
> On each of the test systems I can see the packet going out with the
> null-padded host-name. 4 different versions and 4 different hosts -
> always behaving the same way, so I am sure the server is behaving
> correctly.

I'll have to work through the wireshark logs a bit more then.