CameronD wrote:
> TMy system sounds depressingly like 'yeomanspc's'
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113533-SB1-is-it-dying-or-just-no-longer-supported&p=1001603&viewfull=1#post1001603)
> except that I can't do the magic with the remote.
I forgot you haven't a remote.

I'll try to cobble together a test tool with socat that emulate LMS in
the initial connection phase. Hopefully it will be able to replicate
reboot cycle and then things can be tweaked to see what triggers the
cycle.

My understanding of the discover & connect process is
1. Player power up and if not static IP then does DHCP gets IP address,
gateway, mask
2. Player does ARP to verify IP address.
3. Player broadcasts UDP packet 'd' on 3483. Wait x secs to process all
'D' responses
4. Player process all UDP responses extracts names and IP address &
shows on displays all server names
5. User selects Server from list or after timeout Player selects Last
used/First on list (?)
6. Player tries to set up TCP connection ot Servers on port 3483.

First need to understand where in process does your player cycle start -
at step 6 or before.

With your SB1 player - do you get Step 4 - where server names are
displayed ? It sounds like yeomanspc does.
Does your player use DHCP or static IP ?

Separate track - Do you have a universal TV remote that can be
programmed to control an old Sony or JVC DVD player ?  IIRC older SB
players used Sony/JVC codes.