slartibartfast wrote:
> I know the presets are stored in server.prefs in the Prefs folder but no
> idea how they get there. You could open that and see if anything looks
> odd. Prefs for each player are listed under the Mac address of the
> player.
>
> Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. I poked around in server.prefs and found lots
I don't understand, but also maybe an important clue.

After I cleared out all of my existing Presets using the PresetEditor
plugin to try to start from scratch, each of my 4 Radios showed this
value in server.pref:
PRESETS: *5

Next I tried adding a Preset manually to my bedroom Radio by holding the
physical button. The bizarre result is that the preset was added to
server.pref under my Squeezebox Touch! The change to server.pref under
my Touch player looks like this:
* presets: &5
text: 30 Minute Yoga Routine - No Album - David Swenson
type: audio
- {}
- {}
- {}
- {}*

There was NO resulting change to the server.pref entries for each of my
4 Radios. They still show the same value as before:
PRESETS: *5

But each of my 4 Radios will now start the preset I added using button
#6. I don't get it!