erland wrote:

> Sample usage for this classical music disc:
> http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/album.jsp?album_id=451
> -
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/erland/socialmusicdiscovery/master/wiki/DatabaseModel/sample_%20Beethoven_Bernstein_%20Hilary%20Hahn.png

This pretty much shows why RECORDING (or whatever) is needed: "Recording
Session" (another name that'd work) shows the disc release, not the
recording session's date, which is 1998 (if ArkivMusic got it right for
a change. :p ). If I would look, I'm pretty sure I could find another
disk that features one or both of the works presented here. I think I
have Tchaikovski's piano concerto played by Richter on three different
discs. Which one? That one: Sviatoslav Richter / Karajan / Wiener
Symphoniker 1962. ALBUM is needed to identify an album. To identify the
recording - not the disk - RECORDING is needed.

Seeing this, here's one thing I "manually" have to change in RECORDING:
If it's the SAME recording, I have to create an index like [a],
otherwise it will play "twice". I have a tag INDEX that I set if I know
that I already have that recording and it will be integrated in
RECORDING automatically. The scanning would have to create an index if
it's not the same path (and / or the same disk set. cover.jpg size?
YEAR?).

Oh, and you don't have to actually own many classical disc to have the
same recording of a work twice. I think I got the Richter recording of
that piano concerto within a month as presents. On different discs. I
had around 20 classical discs back then.

QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4