Dear forum members.
I have been asking similar kinds of questions before:
I have been able to use picoreplayer with open VPN to connect to my LMS
at home, it is working very well.
But I also have squeezebox touches and a Radio, on which open VPN is not
possible.
My LMS is running on a dedicated raspberry 4, the music is on a Nas,
accessed via NFS mount.
So I have a few questions:
Is it in theory possible, that somebody could create some kind of open
VPN client app, which one could install on the squeezebox touch and
radio itself?
If I open the LMS ports, so the touches can access LMS, what would I
risk? Would it be possible that somebody could delete all the music on
the NFS share?
If only the LMS itself would be at risk, I do not worry too much,
because I have a few back ups of the whole LMS system.
Would it be possible , that there would be some kind of Mac filter in
LMS, so only whitelisted devices could access the LMS in my home
network?
Please let me know if you have any other tips or insight regarding my
situation.
Thank you very much,
Regards Pommes

The Earth Has Music For Those Who Listen