Is it in theory possible, that somebody could create some kind of open
VPN client app, which one could install on the squeezebox touch and
radio itself?

I don't think it's reasonably possible. In particular the Radio doesn't have much slack when it comes to resources. You'd better set up a Pi0 or something to do the VPN gateway for you.

If I open the LMS ports, so the touches can access LMS, what would I
risk?

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107165-IMPORTANT-Stop-forwarding-your-LMS-ports-to-the-internet!

With earlier versions of LMS (well... up to 7.9!) attackers would often install my Image Viewer plugin to explore the system on which LMS was running. They could have written their own plugin (maybe somebody did) to not only show images of your family and what not, but browse all kinds of files your LMS has potentially access to. Or install a plugin which runs some malware. Really, don't do it.

Would it be possible that somebody could delete all the music on
the NFS share?

If permissions of the LMS user allow to do so, of course.