bpa wrote:
> It's not bad. You have options and LMS will keep going so no loss. Think
> about iPhone users whose phones become useless after x years.
>

> OK.
>

> An alternative to a Raspberry Pi could be the Polvection CORE32 (
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?114103-CORE32-Energy-Efficient-LMS-Music-Server
> ) - a ready built LMS server.  It could suit you as it needs an Ethernet
> connection and can support USB disk.  No assembly and no install of
> software.  Polyvection aim to simplify operation & maintenance.
>
> The product is due to be released mid-May.  It is a slightly dearer
> solution than Pi4 but it is ready to go (i.e. convenience vs cost).  If
> it appeals to you,  I'd wait a few weeks to get teething troubles
> sorted.

Thanks again.
I've looked at the rPi4 option & it doesn't seem too difficult, even for
me.  Not sure I'd pay that much extra for a turnkey solution.
Earlier, you said an upgrade would be inevitable.  Would that be when
internet radio & Spotty stop working for me?  I'd still have my local
music while I was getting the rPi4 ordered & configured.  Am I reading
you right?