Grumpy Bob wrote:
> My LMS (I have three, running on piCorePlayer) always do rescans when
> the LMS starts or restarts. I am not sure when this behaviour began, I'm
> certain it hasn't always done this, and I don't have automatic library
> scanning set up.

Fwiw, there's a brief discussion about getting pCP to automatically
rescan on start-up (and, presumably, restart), back in 2016 on the
"Linux / Unix" board here:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?106362-PicorePlayer-LMS-auto-scan

I don't use piCorePlayer, so may be way off-beam — just posting about it
in case it's tangentially helpful in diagnosing whatever the current
problem is.

Duet x 3, via various hi-fi. LMS on Raspberry Pi OS (Debian 10) on a
Pi4.