mherger wrote:
> > I'm also seeing this scanning behaviour. My LMS (I have three,
> running
>
> Is it always on startup, or can it be a few minutes later, too?
>
> > on piCorePlayer) always do rescans when the LMS starts or restarts. I
> am
> > not sure when this behaviour began, I'm certain it hasn't always done
> > this, and I don't have automatic library scanning set up. I'm using
> > 8.1.2. I also use Spotty.
>
> Do you have the Online Music Library Integration plugin active and
> configured? That would trigger an (online music only) scan whenever
> something changes in your Spotify collection.

I do use OMLI, but AFAIK the scan is for all changed files. Like I say,
I'm not at all bothered by the start-up scan, just noting it happens to
me too!
Kidstypike suggests the Simple Library View may be responsible, and I do
use that plugin.

Robert

*Home: *Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material  with files on QNAP
TS-251A
Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega
Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
*Office:* LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3;  Raspberry Pi 3 player with
touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
*Portable:* Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate
portable drive, powered via power brick