I'm also seeing this scanning behaviour. My LMS (I have three, running

Is it always on startup, or can it be a few minutes later, too?

on piCorePlayer) always do rescans when the LMS starts or restarts. I am
not sure when this behaviour began, I'm certain it hasn't always done
this, and I don't have automatic library scanning set up. I'm using
8.1.2. I also use Spotty.

Do you have the Online Music Library Integration plugin active and configured? That would trigger an (online music only) scan whenever something changes in your Spotify collection.