muggo wrote:
> .
> Please can you advise me exactly what to buy? Pi4?  Version?  Operating
> environment?
> Many thanks
> Paul

Hey Paul;

You are in good hands with Ronnie. He will answer how you could add LMS
to one of your pi's running squeezelite. I can tell you how to do it if
you were running picoreplayer (which can run LMS and squeezelite), but
if you are just running sl, best for Ronnie to answer

Your previous question that was not addressed. You can run LMS on just
about anything, but, say a 3B+ or a 4B would be good choices. I have 2
systems of LMS only, one on a 3b+, one on a 4.

The problem is you can't buy them new without waiting forever, buying
kits with alot of stuff you don't need, or paying a major premium on
places like ebay. For example, a pi 3b+ is normally $35USD, They go for
about $100 on ebay, and you can buy "ultimate kits" on places like
canakit for $140.

In normal times, the members here would tell you to use a 4B because the
rescans are faster, but in these times, it might be best to find a less
desirable pi model (cheaper) to get LMS up and running and wait for the
world to come back to normal ( I could add "how much longer? but won't
:)).

I am not the guy to ask which of the oldies would work. You could also
just pay the going rate. If I didn't know I could get a 3b+ for $35, for
what it can do, I might consider $100 a great deal.

Regarding the operating system, I like picoreplayer, easy to setup, and
alot of support here. Others might prefer something else.

Jim